An exploration of and training for presiding at the sacrament of Communion as celebrated by the Uniting Church in Australia.
About the Course
This course will be presented through a mixed-mode of three Wednesday evenings via Zoom and one full-day face-to-face training day (to be determined in discussion with participants)
The face-to-face training day must be attended to complete this course.
This course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning about communion in the Uniting Church;
- Elders/leaders sharing the distribution of communion when the presider is in another place eg via Zoom;
- Lay presiders looking for a refresher course;
- People exploring the idea of lay presidency and those already authorised by the Pastoral Relations Committee as part of their recognition.
- It is also an ideal opportunity for a small group, faith community, bible study group, or congregation to spend time exploring the sacraments together.
Dates and Times
This course will be delivered over four sessions:
Three Wednesday evening sessions via Zoom and one full-day of face-to-face training.
Zoom Training Schedule:
Zoom Session 1 of 3:Wednesday , 24th May 7 pm—8:30 pm
Zoom Session 2 of 3:Wednesday 14th June, 7 pm—8:30 pm
Zoom Session 3 of 3:Wednesday , 5th July, 7 pm—8:30 pm
The Face to Face Day:
Venues & dates to be confirmed. It is expected that due to the size of the Presbytery more than one face-to-face day will be required at locations to be negotiated with participants.
Join Lay Presidents Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 898 9489 2992